Winning Is A State of Mind (yeah, right)

Wow! So many people entered this contest I’m shocked. 46 threw their hats into the ring and I wish all of you could have won. I was excited since so many people I knew and so many I didn’t showed up. I’m very happy to meet you new folks and grateful for the old friends.

So who won? Number 15 did in my enumeration of comments from the contest post.

Random

I’ve included my scrawled list below:

List

Yep, Chervatruffle was the winner of the Parker Vacumatic! It’s someone I don’t know which is very cool. Congratulations and I’ll be emailing you for details soon.

Once again, thanks to everyone. I had a blast.

1. February 26, 2010, 12:53 am

Whoa, we use the same Kokuyo paper, except yours has 7mm x 30 lines, while the stuff I use now is the 6mm x 36 line sheets! Gotta love their incredible fountain pen-friendliness and cheapness for college notes 🙂

2. Chervatruffle
    February 26, 2010, 1:18 am

Wahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Just discovered that I won! Doing the happy pen dance right now 🙂 Definitely looking forward to receiving this Parker. Thanks so much!!!

February 26, 2010, 1:25 am

John: You really have a sharp eye. I do like the paper and funny enough it was sent to me by a lovely person in the Philippines. I have no idea if I could buy it here in the U.S. but I do like it.

Chervatruffle: Congrats! I just sent you an email.

4. February 26, 2010, 4:50 am

Congratulations to chervatruffle.

TAO, it’s not that I want you to give away all your pens but I hope we will see more competitions of this nature.

5. February 26, 2010, 4:51 am

Congrats to Chervatruffle!

6. February 26, 2010, 8:16 am

I *love* that it says “Iggy & Atticus” after my name~!!! Have a great day Uncle TAO!! 😉

February 26, 2010, 9:32 am

Thanks all who showed grace even though you didn’t win. I’ve got a lot of pens and pieces of pens lying about so I’m sure I’ll have another contest to mark something else in the future.

Sara: Say woof to Iggy and glub to Atticus for me.

8. February 27, 2010, 8:32 am

Congratulations, Chervatruffle!! Enjoy.

I love the Snorks Rule – after my name – I now have 3 Snorks, a TM and a Touchdown!! LOL!

February 27, 2010, 9:13 am

Julie: I just went over the list and thought I’d write a comment that came to mind. It’s funny that with three people I wrote the name of their dogs. Next time I’ll probably put “+Kota and bros” down for you.

10. February 27, 2010, 11:44 am

@TAO, I’ve been using that paper exclusively for my daily notes; I love it to bits 🙂
    I suppose you might be able to find it in a random spot in a random corner in a random stationery store. I’ve never been to a US stationery store, so I wouldn’t know though 😉

11. February 27, 2010, 5:32 pm

Congrats to the winner! And the Falcon is doing well–just wish I had more time to use it! 😉

I don’t know if they have the exact notebook you’re using, but JetPens.com has a lot of Kokuyo notebooks, so you might be able to find something similar there. (No, I didn’t get a kickback for that recommendation, but I should! 😛 )

February 27, 2010, 6:54 pm

John: Thanks for the info. You are a fount of notebook knowledge.

Kookychick: I should have thought of JetPens for this. Thanks.

13. February 27, 2010, 9:10 pm

Congrats to the winner! Thanks for putting this together, TAO!

March 4, 2010, 8:49 pm

Lady D: It was my pleasure to send a pen off to a new owner. I have fun seeing what people write and where they are from. 🙂

14. March 2, 2010, 1:15 am

I hope it’s not too late for me here. Firstly, congratulations to Shervatruffle! It’s not everyday that one wins a Vac. 🙂 And oh, I love the ‘Non-Nonsense’ after my name. LOL! I got Kokuyo paper, too! But it’s the loose leaf type, the ones used as fillers for binders. I got them at NBS here, and they’re very excellent paper! No feathering, no bleed or sho through even with my wettest mediums. 🙂

March 4, 2010, 8:47 pm

Clem: I agree it’s very good paper. I enjoy using it and I know it’s a fav of Leigh’s as well. You both are far more discriminating than I am. 🙂

15. Jenny Ortuoste
    March 7, 2010, 12:13 pm

Congrats to Chervatruffle, and pinky bumps all around! Thanks, TAO, for having this fun contest! 🙂

March 7, 2010, 12:25 pm